suppress_first_run_page not working for Chrome

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
BroncoMarc

suppress_first_run_page not working for Chrome

Post by BroncoMarc »

I'm writing a script to install Adblock Plus for Chrome and Edge (it seems that it's impossible to push it to FF now) and to suppress the first run page. I've got thousands of computers to push this to and I don't want to generate tons of calls to our helpdesk over that first run page.

I've got it working for Edge and it does suppress the first run page, but I can't keep that page from coming up in Chrome.

Here's what I'm running to push it to Edge and Chrome and to suppress the first run page:
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Chromium\3rdparty\extensions\gmgoamodcdcjnbaobigkjelfplakmdhh\policy /v suppress_first_run_page /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Chromium\3rdparty\extensions\cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb\policy /v suppress_first_run_page /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\3rdparty\extensions\cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb\policy /v suppress_first_run_page /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\3rdparty\extensions\gmgoamodcdcjnbaobigkjelfplakmdhh\policy /v suppress_first_run_page /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\ExtensionInstallForcelist /v 1 /t REG_SZ /d gmgoamodcdcjnbaobigkjelfplakmdhh /f
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist /v 1 /t REG_SZ /d cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb /f
What am I missing?

Thanks,
- Marc
BroncoMarc

Re: suppress_first_run_page not working for Chrome

Post by BroncoMarc »

Bump..

Has no one done this?

Thanks,
- Marc
BroncoMarc

Re: suppress_first_run_page not working for Chrome

Post by BroncoMarc »

I guess we'll be using ublock origin then instead of adblock plus. I was able to get it to install silently. Looks like nobody uses adblock plus anymore.

- Marc