May cause some website pages to hang. Need fix ASAP.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
KevinTheLonewolf

May cause some website pages to hang. Need fix ASAP.

Post by KevinTheLonewolf »

When I was using Adblock Plus while surfing the internet, I came across a website of my interest which is called Fandom Wiki. When I am viewing articles from the aforementioned website, suddenly, the page hung with a message on the bottom saying "Waiting for api.btloader.com". After a few seconds, Chrome asks me to either wait it out or end the page, which doing so takes me to an "Aw Snap" error message.

At first, I thought I ran Google Chrome for too long, but after restarting the browser, that is certainly not the case. I looked up solutions online, thinking that my Chrome browser is becoming less efficient, but I found out the problem.
When I come back to the website page which has the aforementioned problem, I tried to disable the Adblocker, and the page runs smoothly without the page hanging for a few seconds. However, when I turned it back on, the problem came back.

So I began to wonder, Adblock Plus needs to fix this problem in order to prevent the problem to happen again and ensure smooth browsing experience without the obnoxious lag.

If anyone at Adblock Plus is seeing this, please consider this bug report favorably and try your best to work your way out of the issue.

Thanks for your kind attention! :)
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: May cause some website pages to hang. Need fix ASAP.

Post by greiner »

This problem seems to be related to how the website integrates Acceptable Ads into its pages. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do to make their ads load faster, but you can block those ads by unchecking the "Show acceptable ads" option in the Adblock Plus settings.

If you want to keep supporting websites like these and make ads better for everyone, I'd suggest reporting this problem to the website administrators, the owner of btloader.com, or to the Acceptable Ads Committee.