APK File for standalone android device

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
cam8528

APK File for standalone android device

Post by cam8528 »

hello,

i love ad block plus. i install it on everything i own. and i always donate when i can

right now i have a standalone android device which i presume uses chrome browser for all its stream casting features et cetera.

the only way i feel like i will get ad block to work seamlessly on this device (like my others) is i have to manually install an apk file. there is no store support.

i checked git for source code but i just can't be bothered right now to sort through and compile something which probably wont work

i digress,
would it be possible to get a copy of the Chrome Extension .apk from someone who actually works for eyeo/adblock plus? i dont feel comfortable just going to randomapk.com/mirror and downloading some sketchy apk file that is outdated and probably not good.

sincerely,
cam

thank u

edit: still here :wink:
cam8528

Re: APK File for standalone android device

Post by cam8528 »

i have this thread bookmarked. I still need to manually install adblock plus apk file. Can anyone help me with this?
cam8528

Post by cam8528 »

still need abp apk for standalone device
cam8528

Post by cam8528 »

bump^^^
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Chrome on Android doesn't have extension support, so there are no APKs for installing Chrome extensions on mobile devices.

That being said, you can check out Adblock Browser, which is our Chrome-based browser, that has Adblock Plus built into it.

If you're referring to Android devices such as Chromecast or Fire TV, which are much more limited than others, a VPN-based ad blocker might be an alternative for you. For that, there's AdBlock VPN, which is currently in early access.
cam8528

Post by cam8528 »

i don't think i'm looking for a vpn. also, i am not looking to install adblock browser (though i am familiar with this app and have used it extensively in the past.)
i think i understand what you said. for example, AdBlock Browser (the app in the play store or apple app store) would have an associated .apk file. And if i wanted to install Chrome browser from the play store, that app would have an associated .apk file as well. Finally, if i installed Chrome browser from the play store, then selected the Adblock Plus Chrome Browser Extension from the play store, this is an extension - unlike the Adblock Browser app. And extensions do not have apk files.

i really like eyeo gmbh adblock plus: it works well for me.

my android os device has a file browser and limited access to the play store.

if this is the case, when i navigate to Adblock Plus Chrome Browser Extension in the play store from within Chrome Browser and press "get extension", i'm looking for a reliable copy of the extension installation package file from Eyeo

Edit: I almost forgot to say thanks for replying. Thank you :)
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

cam8528 wrote:if this is the case, when i navigate to Adblock Plus Chrome Browser Extension in the play store from within Chrome Browser and press "get extension", i'm looking for a reliable copy of the extension installation package file from Eyeo
You cannot install extensions on Chrome on Android. So while you can download the Chrome extension file from https://gitlab.com/eyeo/adblockplus/dow ... 3.11.2.zip , it's not going to work on Android.

That being said, there are Android browsers that do support extensions, in case those are available to you on your Android device. For example, we do have an Android version of Adblock Plus available for Samsung Internet (see Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet).
cam8528 wrote:Edit: I almost forgot to say thanks for replying. Thank you :)
Thank you too for helping out with feedback and questions. :)
cam8528

Post by cam8528 »

hmm... i'm going to think about this for a while.