"Whitelisted Domains" Across a Windows Domain

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Junpei

"Whitelisted Domains" Across a Windows Domain

Post by Junpei »

Morning all!

Recently the company I work for has employed a new HR System that is browser based. One of the modules in use utilises pop-ups, which adblock plus is blocking. When I add the hr website url to the whitelisted domains in ABP it works fine! However, this change needs to be made across 100+ workstations.

Is there any way for me to modify the Whitelisted Domains across my entire windows domain via GPO or some such?

Thank you for your time!
mapx

Re: "Whitelisted Domains" Across a Windows Domain

Post by mapx »

-probably you could modify your code which generates the popups. Do you have an example page ?
-as for the whitelisted domains across all your workstations, you should see this subforum
forum/viewforum.php?f=21

and eventually (if not already managed) ask for new features (change type) on the bug tracker:
https://issues.adblockplus.org
Junpei

Post by Junpei »

Unfortunately the Code is not available as it is a purchased system! So I have to fix this within my environment.

I searched a lot through that subforum before taking the time to register and unfortunately I found nothing pertaining to my needs. There just arent any (apparent) configuration options for APB on a domain. You install it via chromes GPO so theres no GPO configuration for APB at all.
mapx

Post by mapx »

well, you could test it in firefox + ABP, and identify the filter triggered for that popup and then rename those elements. You can see the filter clicking ABP icon, open blockable items list, then you'll see in red the blocked requests (of various types: popups, scripts, objects etc)
Junpei

Post by Junpei »

No, I cant edit the site at all. It's a cloud system that is externally hosted and provided by a third party company.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Still, if you can identify that rule, you can ask to easylist authors to add an exception to the list (without modifying that closed system)
http://forums.lanik.us/

(sure, they'll want to have at least a test page to check the issue)