Network Error [read the first post]

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
mapx

Re: ad block network error

Post by mapx »

if you already applied the indications above (reinstall chrome, reset chrome etc), install ABP from the store directly:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fddb?hl=en
Updating Filters gives a failure to download error

Post by Updating Filters gives a failure to download error »

Updating Filters gives a failure to download error. im obviously on the internet, but whatever mechanism that links the filter subscriptions to wherever they live on the internet isnt working!! now i see lots of ads, even with the filter on, because i get this error when trying to update my 5 filter lists (EasyList, Malware sites list, etc etc) :x
help!

Post by Guest »

mapx wrote:if you already applied the indications above (reinstall chrome, reset chrome etc), install ABP from the store directly:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fddb?hl=en
I jsut did that, still same exact error. Im on Chrome browser on Chrome OS (Acer CR-48 chromebook). bah :((
mapx

Post by mapx »

well .. let's try for the easylist stuff:

go to
http://secure.fanboy.co.nz/

see easylist (mirror) and subscribe your lists from there, see if works (disable or remove the lists now in error)
melorich

Post by melorich »

mapx wrote:guys ..please more details: op.system, chrome version, other extensions installed in chrome (go to chrome://extensions to see them)
when do you get that message ? describe better what happens
I use chrome canary. only extension I have and use is roboform. I am on windows XP....I get network_error as well and can not add the extension
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you reset canary ? Then add ABP from the store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fddb?hl=en
filipino1119

Post by filipino1119 »

been trying to add adblocker to chrome but always getting "network_failure"

4Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi)
Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi)
'webkitCancelRequestAnimationFrame' is vendor-specific. Please use the standard 'cancelAnimationFrame' instead.
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS https://chrome.google.com/webstore/cate ... e-ntp-icon
giannhspour7

net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Post by giannhspour7 »

net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
what should i do?????
mapx

Post by mapx »

you could read the topic:
see forum/viewtopic.php?p=109462#p109462
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Not sure if related, but I've added the Malware domains subscription to the Easylist mirror... for those needing it.
Dr. Fernando

Post by Dr. Fernando »

SOLUCIONADO !!!! Lo único que deben hacer es INICIAR SESIÓN EN GOOGLE (GMAIL) Y MANTENERLO ABIERTO MIENTRAS DESCARGAN EL ADBLOCK PLUS. Eso hice yo, y se descargó correctamente. Poteriormente, deben cerrar todas las ventanas de CHROME y cuando lo abran nuevamente, funcionará.
JackKellar

Post by JackKellar »

The same Here
Minercommand212

Post by Minercommand212 »

I have the same errors, but I have Windows 8, and I don't have any extensions, but whenever I try to download Adblock, it says Network_Failed, and then whenever I go to google, it says Proxy Server failed, and I did the troubleshooting options, but it didn't work. I'm really p!ssed... :evil: :evil:
mapx

Post by mapx »

Minercommand212 wrote:I have the same errors, but I have Windows 8, and I don't have any extensions, but whenever I try to download Adblock, it says Network_Failed, and then whenever I go to google, it says Proxy Server failed, and I did the troubleshooting options, but it didn't work. I'm really p!ssed... :evil: :evil:
follow all the steps here forum/viewtopic.php?p=109462#p109462
porkie

Post by porkie »

ah it wont let me download adblock says network error ive tried multiple times. ive updated adobe, ive got the latest chrome i think, and havent updated windows. what shuld i do
?