Chrome Extension State Folder Temp Files

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
FireMedic949

Chrome Extension State Folder Temp Files

Post by FireMedic949 »

I've discovered huge quantities of .TMP files under each user's Chrome Extension State File (<User>\AppData\Roaming\Google Chrome\User Data\Default\Extension State\). The files are named either LOG.old~RF*****.TMP or LOG.Current~RF*****.TMP. There are over 100,000 of these filed under each user profile. The file sizes are 0-1KB for a total file size of <10MB. However, when using Folder Redirection/Roaming Profiles this results in long log on times. I manually deleted these files and log on times went from ~10 min to <10 seconds. AdBlock Plus is the only extension installed so I believe that it is at fault. Dates on the tmp files range from 02/21/2014 to June.
mapx

Re: Chrome Extension State Folder Temp Files

Post by mapx »

you opened an issue on the tracker
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/678

if you delete those tmp files, the issue is still present ? (ABP hanging)

it would be better add your comments about tmp files to the ticket you opened
FireMedic949

Post by FireMedic949 »

Well I'm not sure this issue (the tmp files) is related to the extension hanging. I didn't see any temp files (or very few) dated into June which is when the extension hang issue started occurring. The tmp files date into February when I had no issues with Chrome hanging due to ABP. ABP in uninstalled at the moment as it made Chrome unusable but I'll try to reinstall it later today for testing. I just found the tmp files when I was investigating the other issue.
mapx

Post by mapx »

see also
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... l?id=52663

for the files written in extension state folder