TitantTV shows an annoying popup

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Bob16K

TitantTV shows an annoying popup

Post by Bob16K »

Starting today Sep 22, https://www.titantv.com show an annoying popup when you refresh the page.

Is there a way to block it? I'm using Waterfox Classic 2022.08

Thanks.
Bob16K

Re: TitantTV shows an annoying popup

Post by Bob16K »

Solved by using tampermonkey instead of greasemonkey.
Bob16K

Post by Bob16K »

It id not last long, TitanTV is again showing a popup asking to remove my ad blocker.

I use:

- Waterfox 2022.08
- ADB + 3.9.5
- Tampermonkey 4.15.164

Tampermonkey is flagged as non compatible. Anybody knows where I can find older version?
Bob16K

Post by Bob16K »

Problem has been solved, somebody took notice, may by my post, and did that needed to be done.

My thank to the unanimous contributor.
Bob16K

Post by Bob16K »

Spoke too soon...
nakaru87

Post by nakaru87 »

FN is one of the worst at this. It covers up what the chef is doing so you can't see the technique, or covers up the food they are trying to show you. I don't need to see a commercial for a different show of theirs, a commercial for the show I am already watching, or a commercial for Discovery+. I am with you 100%.

Unfortunately, they don't listen. But it does turn me off their shows. I do actually watch less now because it is so annoying. If I am already on the fence about a show, this pushes me off.
Last edited by nakaru87 on Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob16K

Post by Bob16K »

APB or UBO is the same with Warterfox Classic. Each time I feel I solved the problem, I get the popup after a while.

The only solution is to use Chrome + UBO.

I don't understand how it works so well, I did not install any xxxmonkey extension. There must be a built in one that works better.

Watterfox Classic is getting harder to use, they were not able to keep the legacy extensions that I cannot live without and at the same time follow the Firefox engine upgrades. I need 2 browsers, period!

Waterfox G is a waste of resources, you might as well use Firefox,
Luis_Mcdowell

Post by Luis_Mcdowell »

Hi,

you can Install an ad-blocking extension: Consider using an ad-blocking extension like uBlock Origin or AdBlock Plus. These extensions can effectively block various types of popups, including annoying advertisements.

Disable JavaScript: Popups are often triggered using JavaScript. Disabling JavaScript in your browser settings can help prevent popups from appearing. However, note that this might also affect the functionality of other websites that rely on JavaScript.