Seeing anti-adblock with Acceptable Ads enabled

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
SaladCake

Seeing anti-adblock with Acceptable Ads enabled

Post by SaladCake »

I would like to support the websites I'm visiting while blocking unacceptable ads. I think full-fledged adblocking hurts creativity and aids in making the ad ecosystem more filled with disinformation. However, while Acceptable Ads are enabled, I'm still seeing anti-adblock popups. Examples include Imgur and NBC News. How to stop these pesky warnings from popping up? To be honest, it's been making me switch to uBlock Origin, but I don't like how uBlock Origin encourages total ad removal.

Topazchai

Re: Seeing anti-adblock with Acceptable Ads enabled

Post by Topazchai »

Hello?? Anybody?? I am a paid member of AdBlock Plus. I have same problem with NBC News website. I see same first picture that was posted by SaladCake. How to block the AdBlock warning?
SaladCake

Post by SaladCake »

Topazchai wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:57 am Hello?? Anybody?? I am a paid member of AdBlock Plus. I have same problem with NBC News website. I see same first picture that was posted by SaladCake. How to block the AdBlock warning?
For now, please follow the instructions below:

1. Go to AdBlock Plus settings.
2. Click on Advanced.
3. Scroll to Filter Lists.
4. Click on +Add Filter List via URL.
5. Right click and copy the following URL: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/akme ... s-list.txt
6. Paste the copied link into the white box.
7. Click Add a Filter List.
Topazchai

Post by Topazchai »

Million times THANK YOU, SaladCake!! IT WORKS! :D 8)
tomahawk4429

Post by tomahawk4429 »

SaladCake wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:50 pm
Topazchai wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:57 am Hello?? Anybody?? I am a paid member of AdBlock Plus. I have same problem with NBC News website. I see same first picture that was posted by SaladCake. How to block the AdBlock warning?
For now, please follow the instructions below:

1. Go to AdBlock Plus settings.
2. Click on Advanced.
3. Scroll to Filter Lists.
4. Click on +Add Filter List via URL.
5. Right click and copy the following URL: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/akme ... s-list.txt
6. Paste the copied link into the white box.
7. Click Add a Filter List.
ohhh! Wish I knew about this sooner