Filter lists are not preserved on restart

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
TomKazansky

Filter lists are not preserved on restart

Post by TomKazansky »

Hello,
Adblock Plus is working on Firefox until a few days ago, I'm not sure why the filter lists (in Advanced Settings) are removed upon browser restart.
Even after adding back the filter lists, Adblock Plus is not working (no ads blocked).

Has anyone encountered this problem? How do I solve this?
Thanks for reading.
TomKazansky

Re: Filter lists are not preserved on restart

Post by TomKazansky »

the problem went away after I uninstall/reinstall Adblock Plus. (I'm still not sure what's wrong though)
SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan »

I have the same issue. If Private Mode is on (in Settings - Privacy and Security - History - Never remember history) AdBlock plus stops working and filter lists dissapear
tishy

Post by tishy »

I'm having the same problem. Removing and reinstalling adblocker plus didn't work for me, I'm still see stupid youtube adds.

Edited to add
It might be that this problem is linked to ABP not working in private mode which is also being reported on the forums. I use private mode.
temp20220516

Post by temp20220516 »

it seems this is bigger problem than adblock. Private mode is breaking other sites too, like "cannot register service worker" etc. If you turn off private mode (and maybe "delete cookies", "never remember history" etc) then you get your filter list, you can see blocked count in abp menu etc
SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan »

Moving back to version 3.12 fixed the problem
Gruntkaronk

Post by Gruntkaronk »

How can you do that ? ok to reach the page " install version 3.12 " but then got dropped to the usual Mozilla page asking if I want to install Adb+ add'on, but not asking for which version .
SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan »

Gruntkaronk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:52 pm How can you do that ? ok to reach the page " install version 3.12 " but then got dropped to the usual Mozilla page asking if I want to install Adb+ add'on, but not asking for which version .
Uninstall AdBlockPlus
Then
https://ibb.co/fMB0sLL
https://ibb.co/GWpTjfd
When you download it it asks to install it. Install it and turn off auto update.
Not4sale

Post by Not4sale »

I too am experiencing this problem. When I try uninstalling and then reinstalling the extension the problem still occurs! What can we do?