Not working in Private Mode anymore

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
ConfusedCrocodile

Not working in Private Mode anymore

Post by ConfusedCrocodile »

Hello,

today I encountered a presumed bug that Adblock ceases to work in Private Mode.

Adblock Plus version: 3.13
Browser: Firefox 100.0 (64-bit)
Relevant configs: literally standard install
Steps to reproduce: Tools → Settings → Privacy/Security → History → "Never remember history"
Description: I've been using Adblock Plus for years in private mode. Today I noticed Youtube ads playing with Adblock enabled. Un-installed Adblock, un-installed Firefox, re-installed firefox, re-installed Adblock Plus. No ads when History is set to "Remember History", but I do get ads when I set it to "Never Remember History". I've also enabled the setting for the Addon to work in private windows.
OldMozzy

Re: Not working in Private Mode anymore

Post by OldMozzy »

Interesting that you seem to have found a work around for this problem in setting FF to Remember History. I'll give that a go. Does ABP still remember your preferences when closing FF?

I posted this yesterday:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92114&sid=8c66549f5 ... d760d5eca9
SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan »

I have the same issue, guys! Temporarily I changed settings to Remember history so AdBlock works now, but I want it to work in a private mode!
ConfusedCrocodile

Post by ConfusedCrocodile »

OldMozzy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:54 pm Interesting that you seem to have found a work around for this problem in setting FF to Remember History. I'll give that a go. Does ABP still remember your preferences when closing FF?

I posted this yesterday:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92114&sid=8c66549f5 ... d760d5eca9
Hi there,

no, ABP does not remember my preferences when switching to "Never remember history". It does - however - remember my settings when switching to "Remember history". Also, when I switch to "Never remember history", every box is unticked and no language filter list is selected. The options in the drop down menu also seem to be vastly different from the ones it shows me when my history is turned on. Anyway, when turning off my history and enabling EasyList, I feel it just ignores that setting completely in private mode now for some reason.

Edit: Reverting back to ABP version 3.12 fixed the issue by the way
SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan »

ConfusedCrocodile wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:50 am Edit: Reverting back to ABP version 3.12 fixed the issue by the way
Thank you, sir! :D It helped!