You tube and MSN adverts.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Pete.i

You tube and MSN adverts.

Post by Pete.i »

Well there I was just about to donate and I find that youtube and MSN (at least) have managed to circumvent your adblocking algorithms. I cannot maker any of the workarounds work either. Extremely annoying adverts.
ThierryMtl

Re: You tube and MSN adverts.

Post by ThierryMtl »

Experienced the exact same problem.
From time to time, and I don't know why, YT and MSN can block the adblock algorithm !
Pete.i

Post by Pete.i »

It doesn't install now either on Firefox. I have just installed a clean installation of xubuntu on a clean ssd, which I have done many times. Normally when I install the Firefox extension it does an installation progress bar. That isn't happening any more. Now when I click the button to "allow this extension to work in private windows" the ABP icon just appears. And it still isn't blocking extremely annoying adverts in Youtube or MSN or Facebook. To be honest it always was a bit flakey in Facebook. CMON FELLAS get it sorted ADVERTS ARE ANNOYING. AND I have just realised, mainly because I had Adblock Plus installed, that if I want adfree Youtube they want me to pay 12 British pounds, dunno what that is dollars these days. I will never EVER do that I will put up with the ANNOYING ads.

Another thing I noticed last night when I installed ABP on Linux was that the donation page no longer comes up. I have come to two conclusions both of which may well be wrong. 1) ABP has been gioven a load of money not to block ads on Googles pages. 2) ABP has glitched badly and nobody is doing anything about it....................Bottom line no donation page no donations. I think I would be falling over myself to get it fixed ASAP.
ThierryMtl

Post by ThierryMtl »

Just be patient some days.
It's not the first time this problem appears.
Sometimes, Youtube, MSN can block the ADB algorithm
There will be an other adblock extension in case the problem continues... for sure. Competition is the key word in this digital world :-)

Here the post of ABP 2 years ago :-)
Experiencing Youtube Ads???

Unread post by sbell » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:56 pm
Hello All!

We are aware of the new Youtube ads and rest assured we are working to get this resolved. What we know is that many users are experiencing this but not all users. This makes it tricky to isolate and combat the issue, since there hasn't been full roll out of this tactic. While we work on overcoming the latest Youtube circumvention effort, try these work arounds in the meantime.

1. Sign out of your Youtube accounts...this resolves the ads in most cases

2. If the first suggestion doesn't work try visiting youtube in private window.

How to open private window??

Safari- Click on File > New Private Window
Chrome- Click the red arrow in the right corner of the browser > New incognito Window
Firefox- Click the 3 lines in the right corner of the browser > New Private Window
Opera- Click on File > New Private Window

Thanks
Shannon
ABP Support Team