Adblock Plus is causing Firefox to freeze

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
UserNameGoesHere

Re: Adblock Plus is causing Firefox to freeze

Post by UserNameGoesHere »

And like with others, turning Chat ON (which I NEVER use) seems to temporarily fix the issue. Since I don't really use the chat, I followed the suggestion someone else made and made it where only my wife and kids can see me (under : Turn on chat for only some friends...)
TCCB

Post by TCCB »

Hi UserNameGoesHere,

I still have the same problem, but I found out that if I turn on my Facebook Chat (even if just to one person) the problem goes away, by no means do I consider it a solution, but at least it let's me use Adblock Plus when browsing Facebook (even with EasyList turned on).

Also you might want to report it on the EasyList forum, because so far I'm the only one complaining over there, and the more people say something the more seriously they take the problem (I believe).

My post of their forum can be found here.
TCCB

Post by TCCB »

At the moment it seems everything is back to normal.
WBW

Post by WBW »

It's not just Facebook, I just installed Adblock Plus a few days ago, and most sites with ads (http://www.chron.com/ for one) force the browser to go unresponsive, and I get prompted to kill flash. Disabling Adblock Plus until this gets fixed.
mapx

Post by mapx »

WBW wrote:It's not just Facebook, I just installed Adblock Plus a few days ago, and most sites with ads (http://www.chron.com/ for one) force the browser to go unresponsive, and I get prompted to kill flash. Disabling Adblock Plus until this gets fixed.
submit an issue report on that page and then post here the report's link
how-to ==> en/getting_started#false-positives
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

WBW wrote:It's not just Facebook, I just installed Adblock Plus a few days ago, and most sites with ads (http://www.chron.com/ for one) force the browser to go unresponsive, and I get prompted to kill flash. Disabling Adblock Plus until this gets fixed.
i went to the "chron.com" website, just now, and i didn't have any problems with it..

my guess is that you have other addons installed that are causing problems..
Adblock Edge is als blocking too many Yahoo!Mail items

Re: Adblock Plus is causing Yahoo!Mail in Firefox to freeze

Post by Adblock Edge is als blocking too many Yahoo!Mail items »

Using any version of Firefox I'm finding Adblock Edge is blocking too many items in Yahoo!Mail. In order to do anything in Yahoo!Mail (use any of the command buttons, create a new message, go back to the inbox after reading a message, etc).

I have to Leave the Yahoo!Mail Page and come back to it. If I turn Adblock Edge "off" for us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com then some of the items I wish to be blocked are not, but I can use mail. I have not determined which block-able in in my filters should be deactivated to correct this. Fanboy's Social Blocking List.

I Subscribe to EasyList, EasyPrivacy+Easyist, and Fanboy's Social Blocking List, all of which are up-to-date. Java is updated and running in Firefox.

I was using version 34.0 and decided to update to 36.0 to see if that helps it does not. Very likely I've broken my youtube download helpers so I'll probably have to go back to 34.0 but I haven't looked yet.

SoooOOooo does anyone know which filters (if any) in Adblock Edge should be deactivated to seamlessly use Yahoo!Mail without seeing ads?
mapx

Post by mapx »

report at easylist support forum
http://forums.lanik.us/