Ads By Google not being blocked

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
someguy22

Ads By Google not being blocked

Post by someguy22 »

Noticed when doing a tvtropes search that a couple of really BIG ads by Google frames now show up at the top of the results. Makes searching there really annoying since you have to now scroll down quite a bit to reach the actual results. Thought people should know.
Guest112

Re: Ads By Google not being blocked

Post by Guest112 »

I confirm. I just "downgrade" from Nightly to Firefox 21 final. The problem still exists.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

See: forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15633

Disable non-intrusive advertising to block google ads
Guest112

Post by Guest112 »

Thanks, but it dosent work for me. On google.com is ok. But not for google.de or google.ch. So i changed .com to .ch. But the problem still exists.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Please submit an issue report via ABP on google.de or .ch and post the link of the report here.
Guest112

Post by Guest112 »

Ok, here we go;

https://reports.adblockplus.org/637f945 ... d046205420

This is for google.ch

I did "Disable non-intrusive advertising to block google ads". It looks, it is ok for google.de, but nor for google.ch.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

In your custom filters there is this exception rule: @@||www.google.ch^$elemhide,~third-party (maybe for .de as well)

Removing it should fix this.
Guest112

Post by Guest112 »

Yes, indeed. Bow it looks perfect. Thanks a lot for your support. :D
luts

Post by luts »

So are google search results ads now considered non-instrusive? or is this just a to-be-fixed glitch from ABP?
cheekybastard

Post by cheekybastard »

I started having these new ads last week or so. After reading this post I looked around and saw the very weird option called "allow non intrusive ads" or something like that. ALL ads are intrusive unless the user says otherwise. That's my idea about it. Oh, disabling that strange new feature solved my problem. Clean search results again. NO targeted ads dystopian crap.

Thanks for this wonderful add-on by the way. Internet is better with AdBlockPlus! Cheers!
Last edited by cheekybastard on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CamBoy

Post by CamBoy »

Reading the list of allowed non-intrusive ads you can't help but feel it should be named "Allow intrusive Google ads"...
DontBeLame

Post by DontBeLame »

cheekybastard wrote:I started having these new ads last week or so. After reading this post I looked around and saw the very weird option called "allow non intrusive ads" or something like that. ALL ads are intrusive unless the user says otherwise. That's my idea about it. Oh, disabling that strange new feature solved my problem. Clean search results again. NO targeted ads dystopian crap.

Thanks for this wonderful add-on by the way. Internet is better with AdBlockPlus! Cheers!
Yah, that's bogus. You need to turn that off by default. I can't believe that would be active on this plugin. High failure.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

This is why you are seeing Google ads now...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/5/449685 ... -whitelist