Installed But No Icon

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Sasafrass

Installed But No Icon

Post by Sasafrass »

I just installed the latest dev build, & there's no icon in the lower right corner of the browser. Anyone else notice this? I tried changing the display to "text", but it still doesn't show. It was there initially after installation, ie- restarting FireFox, then I decided to restart FF again, & the icon is gone. AdBlock IS installed, but the icon just doesn't show.

Re: Installed But No Icon

Post by Guest »

Sasafrass wrote:I just installed the latest dev build, & there's no icon in the lower right corner of the browser. Anyone else notice this? I tried changing the display to "text", but it still doesn't show. It was there initially after installation, ie- restarting FireFox, then I decided to restart FF again, & the icon is gone. AdBlock IS installed, but the icon just doesn't show.
That's right. First saw this with Gecko/20051031 SeaMonkey/1.1a (made a big jump in nightlies, might be since earlier versions) and Adblock Plus 0.5.10.

But the blank list of blockable elements is even worse.

blindtrust
Sasafrass

Post by Sasafrass »

Hmm... When I opened the list of blockable elements(which is blank as you said), I couldn't close it & FireFox was frozen. This version is obviously buggy. I'm still waiting for the next version, so I hope it comes soon!

Post by Guest »

I've got the same problem. No icon and blockable elements list is blank(freezes browser).
mcm

Post by mcm »

Well I've been testing with:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20051101 SeaMonkey/1.1a

There was one bug in 0.5.10 which is that I had not altered the uninstall code to remove things like the skin directory I've added to Adblock. But that's all fixed now. The best I can suggest is try with the development builds and if that doesn't work see if a new profile would help (Tools->Switch Profile->Manage Profile->Create Profile).
http://p2.forumforfree.com/1-vt5-adblockplus.html
Sasafrass

Post by Sasafrass »

I tried to download the latest dev build, but it won't connect to the server. What gives?
Sasafrass

Post by Sasafrass »

Ok, I finally downloaded it & all is well :)
mrtwice99

still doesn't work

Post by mrtwice99 »

I had the same problems listed above. I downloaded the latest dev build 20051107, but the problem persists.
mrtwice99

problem is in the profile

Post by mrtwice99 »

I made a new profile and used the 0.5.10 build. That seemed to solve the problem. However, I want to use my normal profile.

If I can help you solve this problem, please email randy AT rcs-comp DOT com.
Sasafrass

Re: still doesn't work

Post by Sasafrass »

Make sure you uninstall the older version first, that's what I had to do.
mrtwice99 wrote:I had the same problems listed above. I downloaded the latest dev build 20051107, but the problem persists.
mrtwice99

Re: still doesn't work

Post by mrtwice99 »

Sasafrass wrote:Make sure you uninstall the older version first, that's what I had to do.
That worked for me! Thank you!
Adbird

Post by Adbird »

To restore the statusbar icon, I had to uninstall 5.11 and reinstall 5.10. I got the AD icon back .. will check other features later.
mcm

Post by mcm »

Apologise for this I changed the name of the skin folder somewhere between the development of 0.5.10 and 0.5.11. Unfortunately changes like that aren't recognised in Mozilla or Firefox 1.0.x or earlier if you simply upgrade. You need to uninstall first to remove the old entries before installing for the new entries to take effect. I will probably release 0.5.11.1 soon to change it back for those who simply update.
Alan

Post by Alan »

mcm wrote:You need to uninstall first to remove the old entries before installing for the new entries to take effect.
IceDogg, you gave good advice!
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

It's all good Alan.. I just repeat what I see.. you know way more about this then I do.